So cruel !!

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I usually don't comment on these type of threads, but IMO that tank isn't that bad for an aro that size especially if it's temporary. Many Lfs and vendors crowd fish twice as bad as that with no ill effects, especially with aggressive fish to neutralize aggression as you cichlid guys all know. And it's temporary too. If that's animal cruelty then people shouldn't buy from those Lfs because it would support "bad Lfs" I've seen a healthy foot long black aro in a 30 gallon aquarium at a VERY reputable Lfs. I'm not justifying overcrowding fish but just saying that I think that aro is not so miserable that you have to post it up here. Arowana are flexible fish so smaller tank for an aro compared to say a African tiger fish the same length isn't as bad. Water looks clear and fish look mostly happy except the bass and dats that the dorado is terrorizing. He will be ok for a little bit but will have to move him eventually. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
I usually don't comment on these type of threads, but IMO that tank isn't that bad for an aro that size especially if it's temporary. Many Lfs and vendors crowd fish twice as bad as that with no ill effects, especially with aggressive fish to neutralize aggression as you cichlid guys all know. And it's temporary too. If that's animal cruelty then people shouldn't buy from those Lfs because it would support "bad Lfs" I've seen a healthy foot long black aro in a 30 gallon aquarium at a VERY reputable Lfs. I'm not justifying overcrowding fish but just saying that I think that aro is not so miserable that you have to post it up here. Arowana are flexible fish so smaller tank for an aro compared to say a African tiger fish the same length isn't as bad. Water looks clear and fish look mostly happy except the bass and dats that the dorado is terrorizing. He will be ok for a little bit but will have to move him eventually. Just my 2 cents

It is different when at vendors or lfs as the fish usually spend no more than a few weeks in those tanks. I agree that it's probably not worth a thread but that tank looks no bigger than 5 feet, and many of those fish can reach over 36".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
That isnt that bad. You should look into some jdm tanks. Im not for it but it is a style people have used with success.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
It is different when at vendors or lfs as the fish usually spend no more than a few weeks in those tanks. I agree that it's probably not worth a thread but that tank looks no bigger than 5 feet, and many of those fish can reach over 36".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's true i see your point I stated it already as it's temporary. That tank however IMO however looks about 6 feet long or more. And just because of a fish's eventual size doesn't mean they'll need the same size tank as an adult as a juvy. Like people grow out pbass in a 55 before going into a 220. Ya feel? The dorados and bass look around a foot in length due to coloration and body shape. I'm sure almost everyone has plopped a 1-2 inch fish that grows to 7 inches in a 20 gallon but has a 75 ready for it when it grows up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store