What to breed

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I was so seeing what some good fish are that I can breed using a 20 gal and a 10 gal. Maybe like the 10 as the breeding tank then 20 as the grow out. I know about all the livebearers like guppies. But they are so common here that in order to get rid of them you have to sell them 20¢ each no matter how nice.

And endlers are harder to come around d here for breeding. I can find males, but females are rare to find unless you order.

Just wondering what your suggestions would be. I was thinking maybe dwarf cichlids are plecos. Not sure what else is out there and moderate-easy to breed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tone123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2013
Canada
I have had a lone pair of kribs breed in a 20g long on a regular basis. If you chose to breed them have lots of hiding places and caves for them to breed. Hope this is helps :D

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I have had a lone pair of kribs breed in a 20g long on a regular basis. If you chose to breed them have lots of hiding places and caves for them to breed. Hope this is helps :D
Okay thanks. I used to have some kribs breeding but sadly the male killed the female when I was gone, I guess he saw her as a threat to the fry. It was odd because it was on their third spawn aswell.

I was thinking about getting a pair again. Still thinking on some other options if anyone suggests some more. Them I'm going to decide.

Tone123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2013
Canada
Another suggestion that may work are agassizi dwarf cichlids (If you can find them).

Sorry about your previous krib pair.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Another suggestion that may work are agassizi dwarf cichlids (If you can find them).

Sorry about your previous krib pair.
Yea no worries. Also apistos are pretty hardy correct? I'd like something that I won't have to play around with my water params. If I can find agassizi I might get them. My LFS usually has apistos. I just do t know what types as they vary. If I find some I might try to get a pair

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store