Light white film patches and flashing

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Ive been trying to research this for a few days but still havent been able to diagnose whats wrong with a coule of my cichla.

Background: I just bought 3 large cichla 20-22" about a week ago, all seemed well, they settled in and started eating (pellets) previous owner fed raw prepared foods/pellets and "quarantined" feeders. Oh and they cichla have HITH.

Symptoms: a light whiteish film in random areas in patches no bigger than a pea. I cant see it if im looking at the side of the fish, i can only see it at an angle, for instance if the fish is looking back at me. Flashing, and scratching on rocks/substrate. Their fins spazz out as if the fish is short circuiting. They try to scratch their face with their pectoral fins.

I noticed this 3 days ago, and the symptoms haven't gotten better nor have they gotten worse, the white patches does NOT look like cotton or strand away. Again, I can barley tell its on them unless it's at an angle

I checked the water params after i noticed it. temp 83°, ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 10ppm. And I use aquarium salt with every WC. Which is every 4 days.

Since I noticed this, ive upped the water change volume, as well as I do it every other day and ive upped the salt too. Yes, I do use water conditioner.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store