External filter recommendation for Eheim 240l tank?

BobCat

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ireland
Hi guys. I need some advice please.

I'm running a 240l aquarium with a couple of internal fluval filters. The tank is pretty well stocked now though with some fairly messy fish and I think an external filter would be a better idea.

Can you recommend an external for the tank? I'd like to over filter if anything due to having a few large fish in there ie. A 6" dwarf snakehead, a Senegal bicher etc.

All help appreciated, I've kept tropical fish for over a decade but it will be my first external filter and I'm not sure of what size etc. I should get.

uploadfromtaptalk1402952720963.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
2 eheim 2217 would make a good replacement filtration for your tank. I prefer to run 2 for more capacity and alternate cleanings. Eheim also makes a surface skimmer that would help your tank but it needs to be cleaned often

BobCat

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ireland
They're from the classic line?
I think I'd rather have something self priming for my first external as I wouldn't be sure what to do.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
They're from the classic line?
I think I'd rather have something self priming for my first external as I wouldn't be sure what to do.

Very easy, after install and not yet plugged in, simply suck on the outlet hose.

After the canister is filled, plug in and it's running.

I have at the moment 2 Eheim 2217.
Very quiet and efficient.

I wish I got Eheim 2262 instead of fx6.

Fx6 traps bubbles and takes a while to release them, and the 2 Eheims make less noise combined then the fx6.

Fx6 is still recommended though, as it can hold a lot of bio filter and easy to set up and I really like the outlet of this.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store