USA current satellite led questions

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
So I have been using the fluval aqua life and plant performance leds along with the fluval eco bright and am not a big fan of either since the aqualife and plant led is basically made for bright lighting for plants and the eco bright isn't bright enough and is too blue. The aqualife and plant light is too much of a bright white look to my tank which I don't like. Sure I think it would look great with green plants and all that but my tank is a 210 gallon fish only tank with some rocks and driftwood. I have certain across and researched a lot on the USA satellite current leds and they look awesome. Here is my question, how many 48" USA current satellite leds would I need on my 210 gallon for sufficient lighting. I'm thinking at least 3 (2 along the back and 1 in front) and would probably end up just getting 4 for two along the back and two in front. Would that be necessary or what do you think. I've seen videos of these lights but they're all on smaller tanks but look real good.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Two would be more than enough....here is 2 on my 350 gallon:

View attachment 1019890

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I've had a great experience with mine so far, of course I only have one on a 48" tank though.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
are you guys happy with the lights?
I would get nothing but these on my future tanks and I've had other LEDs and these I like most.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
ok great. i will be ordering two 46" fixtures from amazon than. cant wait. hopefully i can get some people to buy my fluval LEDS

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
ok great. i will be ordering two 46" fixtures from amazon than. cant wait. hopefully i can get some people to buy my fluval LEDS
I have 2 48" and 2 36" Led+ fixtures strewn about 4 tanks for about a year now. I would recommend getting the + lights over the standard LED's. The additional RGB, wireless remote and customization options make them vastly superior. If you are going to have 4 units on one tank if you get the "+" fixture you can simultaneously control all 4 lights with a single wireless remote.

With Blue white leds all you can do is day/ night. You can ramp up daylight with a ramp timer which is extra. where as with the + fixture I have dawn/ mid day/ high noon/ evening/ dusk/ midnight all on presets to where as I feel better mimics the natural light cycle fading different levels of RGB + white.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store