Best market refill hose.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Im looking for the best hose that doesn't bend or kink. I had the $15 one from tdx Crap, it kinked five times, to thin. Upgraded to the green one that was $36 starting to get kinks down the road only afger say 1k gallons. It lasted a little longer but its starting to get those twisted kinks. Amyone got any recommendations? All the higher end hoses (goodyear, tdx, an other brands) don't label safe for drinking. Or have any label on them about safe or drinking.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Wow. Those aren't cheap. My RV hose at Walmart was $9. The Armadillo RV hose is $25 per FOOT.

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
When I was looking for a high quality drink safe hose I came across their site. I ended up getting a 50 ft drink safe hose from Costco for $15.

You know what else is ridiculously expensive, clear rigid PVC pipes.

12" Clear Rigid Schedule 40 PVC Pipe $129.38/Foot

10" Clear Rigid Schedule 40 PVC Pipe $97.95/Foot

8" Clear Rigid Schedule 40 PVC Pipe $60.84/Foot

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
http://www.armadillohoseproducts.com/

They are very high quality and very $$$.
Wow not bad tho kinks are always my problem with normal house garden hoses. I can gwt some goodyear ones from work but i have one outside and i swear i can still taste that rubber.

When I was looking for a high quality drink safe hose I came across their site. I ended up getting a 50 ft drink safe hose from Costco for $15.
How do you store it? I might have to give that a try.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RNR9QY/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2 years and no kinks.I guesstimate about 18k gallons. I even run the hose outside during summer.
I did have to put a piece of vinyl hose over the end to protect the glass, but other than that it's been great.
How do you store yours? I just hand roll mine up and toss it under the tank. Thinking about getting one of rolling things fir my fish wall.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I use the Home Depot/ Lowes plumming section vinal tubing and have plenty of plastic barb connectors.

A 100 foot section can be cut into five 20' sections and connected with four ($1 + some change each) hose barbs.

Anytime I get a kink developing, I cut it out, and join the hoses with the barb connectors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store