Putting heater in sump

cassd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
montreal
As title states does it matter if it is in the sump should I get more heaters I was thinking of goin with 2 heaters each one rated for 75% of my gallons does placement in the sump matter here is a photo of it roughly put together I have plenty of room to put the heaters just wanted to know ideal spot if at all in the sump

image.jpg

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
Sump is the best spot for a heater in my opinion. I have two 300 watt heaters in my sump and only need one plugged in for my 210 gallon. Depends on if your tank is in your house or garage. Start with two and fine tune it. The best way for that is to get a heater controller.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
That's were I have mine too. That's one of the benefits to having a sump you get to put all the crap in there and keep the tank clutter free. I would place them apart as much as possible. Run two if you have them.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Fish can't break it if it's in the sump. Go with 2 heaters rated at 2 watts per gallon each. It would be best if you hooked them to a controller. The best is a Ranco. Get off amazon for $40 last time I got one.,

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Put them all in the sump, and if you're running multiple hook them all up to a controller. I have five 300w side by side in my sump running on a controller.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store