Skinny Chinese Water Dragon

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Its been years since I owned a water dragon , looks nice and tame already they can be a nightmare very skittish . He does look a little skinny , what's current diet ? Mine used to love crickets mealworms earthworms etc , mine only ate fruit and veg when he seemed really hungry so best way to add nutrition is to feed the insects up with fruit before feeding to the dragon (same principle for pellet training fish off live food really )
Make sure there's plenty of moisture in the tank they need a lot of humidity , and a nice deep pool goes down well if you've got room in the tank , I used a large/deep food container and covered the outside of it with pebbles , couple inside so its easy to climb out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Very nice, I really want 1 of these! What size viv you got it in?
I agree with evs the best way is probably gut loaded bugs, big crickets made my aro grow fast so I guess they would be best, also seen people feeding them baby mice but not sure how often or how good it is for them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
He's getting large crickets, I keep at least half a dozen wondering around at any time for him. He also has a nice size water dish, probably about 12" x 10". He's in a 45g as a quarantine then will be moving to a 90g and finally a large (4'x3'x5') home made enclosure. Thanks very mitch for the responses.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store