Filter recommendations please

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
I have a 125 gallon. I also plan on semi planting it in addition to my fish. Right not I have a emperor 400 and a tetra of which I'm not sure(it was given to me) I have been using these for months now and they work, but I want to up the filtration.

Any suggestions? I was to buy just 1 of the big stand alone filters but am not sure which one. I also don't really want to spend a crazy amount. I have found a couple online for 170ish which I about right.

please if u can give me a URL

thanks 😜

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
As of now

2 discus (adding about 2 or 3 soon), blood parrot, EB JD, 2 angels, 2 red jewels, bichir, RB shark. May add a couple small plecos in the future.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I was to buy just 1 of the big stand alone filters but am not sure which one. I also don't really want to spend a crazy amount. I have found a couple online for 170ish which I about right
Why not an Aquatop? http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-filters/aquatop-cf-500uv-canister-filter.html
Use coupon code ECC10% and it is $112.46 and that includes shipping.

I would agree with others on the whole FX5/6 thing but more money than what you want to spend. I dont know the quality of the Aquatop but it is a big filter for pretty reasonable.

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
I may go with the aqua clear110. I do like canister filters and would like one but if it went bad it would not be good lol. I hear and see good things about the aquaclear110 although I want something really quiet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store