Adding new fish

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
What fish would do good with a payara? I have recently acquired a 3 to 4" payara and was wondering on a breed that would get along with it. I have a 75 gallon tank but am planning to upgrade to a 120 gallon. I believe the payara is a bottom lurking monster.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
I was thinking some more of a top breed like arowana but am scared that it might get attacked. Cool fishes, but I'd prefer a more viscous breed. What is the second fish you've mentioned I can't seem to find it.

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
I was thinking some more of a top breed like arowana but am scared that it might get attacked. Cool fishes, but I'd prefer a more viscous breed. What is the second fish you've mentioned I can't seem to find it.

Mahseer is it's common name

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
I believe its the Hydrolycus*scomberoides how big do these guys get? There's the "tataiaus" probably incorrect spelling, that gets to 1 foot. What about h. Scombs

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
I believe its the Hydrolycus*scomberoides how big do these guys get? There's the "tataiaus" probably incorrect spelling, that gets to 1 foot. What about h. Scombs

Usually around 8-10". And tats can max at "18". I'm not sure a combo with an aro could do well because of size difference. Plus an aro couldn't live in a 120 for life anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store