Datnoids tankmates with SD's, Cichlids, Tinfoil, Clown Loaches, and a Bala shark??

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
What do you guys think of this stock with one added Tiger Datnoid? Maybe a little too much? Datnoids look so awesome and I would really like to add one to my community collection of some large fish; they are still pretty young though and currently growing.

250 gallon long acrylic tank

1 Tiger Datnoid (planning to add)
8 Regular & Spotted Silver dollars
1 Black Bar Silver Dollar Red Hook
1 Bala Shark
4 Blood Red Parrot cichlids
2 Clown Loaches
1 Tinfoil barb
5 Roseline sharks

Question is will Datnoids get along with my other fish and are they compatible? Am I already stocked enough as is and shouldn't get even one Dat at all? If I add a Dat, is it a recipe for disaster? Understocked? Or is this stock just right? Annnnd I know, I know, I should get a school of Bala's, and a school of Tinfoils, and a school for the loaches so they all can be in happy groups, right? But if I do get them in schools, the tank would obviously be very heavily stocked considering how big they get, so, no way, I can't, and they seem to do fine without having more of their kind. Besides, my CL's are still coming out and enjoying themselves despite having only one buddy, bala shark and my tinfoil singles are not shy and eat well.. By the way guys, I do large water changes once every two weeks. Every fish in the tank gets along pretty well including the blood red cichlids, they actually aren't that aggressive at all, however only when other fish get near their spawn though, things can get a little rough, but nothing really brutal.. and a few little nips here and there from the SD's, which is nothing bad. What do you guys think? I really want one.

So, should I add one Tiger Datnoid? Or no way.. not going to work.

Thanks for taking the time to read me out on this one guys, and I would really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, comments, and ideas. :D

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks a lot for your input, Thomas! Really good to know your Dats are getting along with the fish I was hoping they are compat with! :) Alright, well, I might have to give some LFS's a call soon.. SWEET!! Looks like a adding a Dat will be possible. However, I will need a few more people telling me it's fine to really go ahead and get one though ;) Don't get me wrong, Thomas, I trust ya, but need some more input and see what others think before I truly buy one. :D Ttyl.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Like my Roseline sharks? D: Might have to give them new homes in the future..

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
You should be fine adding one Dat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Sounds good. I'm going to see if I could get either a Datnioides 'microlepis' or Datnioides 'pulcher'.

I heard pulcher thick bar is really hard to find and is really expensive. :eek:

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I have only found 2 for sale online both was over 12 inches and their price was 3500.00 and up

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Yikes lol. I think I'll be better off getting microlepis, unless someone sells pulchers way less than that and at a smaller size. Thanks for the price tag heads-up info on pulchers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store