My New Jardini - STOKED!!

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Hey MFKers

It's been a while since I last logged on, but now I have something I really wanna show off.

Another Jardini, but jet black. Only got him/her a few days ago but I'm over the moon - really excited. I was so keen to get my hands on him/her that i also put in a heap of black gravel and found my black background in the garage.

Around 40cm and already eating like a machine.

Let me know what you guys think. I'd love to hear your thoughts

new_jardini_4[1].JPGNew_Jardini_3[1].JPGNew_Jardini_2[1].JPGNew_Jardini_1[1].JPG

Sorry for the bad pics; still trying to learn how to use my new phone. Hopefully I can load a vid in the near future

New_Jardini_1[1].JPG

New_Jardini_2[1].JPG

New_Jardini_3[1].JPG

new_jardini_4[1].JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alright Steve its been a while hope your good mate ? That jardini is quality mate love it he looks evil lol nice find :)
I've still got my baby jar to replace the beast I lost , he's about 8" now and in the main tank hammering pellets daily and bossing the tank as much as poss already

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Yeah I was wrapped to find this 1. Its the third black jar i've seen in my life and it lives in my tank. Is your pup saratoga a bully like your old one or does it have some social skills lol. Have you still got that motoro

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
That guy is sweet! Did he cost much more than a regular Jar?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
In all honesty I'd rather not say lol. Take my word for it - black jars aren't all that common - rarer than chicken teeth

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Well I've had the worst six months in fishkeeping since we last spoke , cut a long story short after loosing my jar and cats to disease I then lost the ray to water crashing he got death curl :( I was gutted
My new jar isn't as bad as the last he has scared a baby dat to death though , he's currently in with a JD , flowerhorn , big silver dollars that he has a pop at but they are silver , birchir and the big cats
My jags are breeding in a tank of there own so that's all good :)
And I've got a 3/4" dovvi to try in big tank soon with the rest , and a couple of umbee in my growout for now , so yeah a lots happened my end
That black jar will be worth the cost whatever it is its stunning mate just watched the vid , I've only ever seen a very dark one due to Blackwater treatment and that was £200 at about 6"

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
damn thats real rough for ya Evz. The death curl is always a sign of something bad (hence, the name). It's a shame no one knows how to reverse it effects.

Losing a datnoid isnt any better either.

I actually had to get rid of my jag because he got really up-tight about his new room-mate. He quickly tore a few fins and half a barbel. I like the fact you got ur breeding jags in another tank - otherwise you might have had more disasters.

I really wish I could get another ray but now I've got so much wood in my tank there's almost no floor space.

My jar came from a tank with white coral (I think) substrate and no background. So I'm pretty certain he is naturally that colour. That being said, I still grabbed my black background out of the shed and even bought some black gravel.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I came down in the morning and the ray was curled up , tested my water but my test kit let me down pH had crashed and nitrates were through the roof , after re testing with mate from LFS we got correct test results and it became obvious what happened ::banghead::(
I'm holding off on the rays until I've got room for a pair on there own maybe in a shallow p!ywood build (gotta move house first though no room here ;))
The DAT was a gamble tbh was a bit small and timid and once that happens you know the rest of the story in a jardini tank

That black jar of yours doesn't look like fading anytime soon mate its jet black and at that size the real deal very nice find I want it lol :D look forward to updates
Here's my new guy not that its a patch on yours ;)uploadfromtaptalk1403354667213.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403354747845.jpg
He looks tiny now I've moved him into big tank , especially after getting used to a 2ft beast filling it lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Yeah rays are the type of fish u need to be really pedantic about. One slip and it's disaster town. I would have loved to have seen a nice size dat with a jar... Over here u need to give up ur left nut to get ur hands on one. How long have u had ur toga so far?

Have u heard anything from turtles? Seems like he just disappeared haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store