Predators that ignore Inverts

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Hi all,

I'm continually researching my coming large (500g+) FOWLR aquarium (which is getting closer as we are now actively looking for our dream home, the first step to my dream tank!).

I really like inverts, and love the way large FW snails like Apple Snails move, and would like a large Conch (or a few), such as horse or spider conch. Other inverts would be chocolate chip sea star, sea cucumber (one of many...), and sea urchins.

What I'm having trouble finding is what large fish tend to leave inverts like that alone? From what I can tell I'm thinking triggers and puffers are out for sure - what about groupers / wrasse / angels / cat sharks / etc ???

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
A large piscivorous moray would probably ignore gastropods...but I'll defer to experts like zoodiver with systems like this

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
+1 I have seen many tanks that have dragon morays as well as all sorts of cleaner shrimps, ex/skunk cleaner shrimp, peppermint, coral banded. If you're just concerned about snails and conches, pretty much all carnivorous fish would be safe except, like you mentioned, puffers and triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
Have you considered lionfish ?

They do not bother snails or crabs, but will make a meal out of shrimp in time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store