New oscar has clamped fin after 2 days, help!

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
I recently added a 2" Oscar to my tank.. when i got him from my LFS, his fins and tail where a little nicked up (typical) , day one he ate alittle and chased around a little.. now day 2 i notice his fins/tail looking alittle more beat up , as well as 1 of his fins being clamped and he just hanging around at the top of the tank.. i took him out of my big tank and put him in my smaller one, (much less aggressive fish) hoping the fin clamp is just part of stress and nothing more.. i dont see any white spots or anything..

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
The water is fine.. 7.5 ph - 0 amm 0 no2 10 ppm no3 ... Tank mates are bigger and a little aggressive , (oscar gt ..) which is why I removed him . Thinking it may be bullied.. I am just worried he is sick.. But I do to see spots on him.. Could he act this way if bullied? Or does it usually mean sickness?

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
If its stressed out it could have those symptoms. Little white spots on fins especially if there are some tears are a good indication of trauma. Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
I can't get a good pic :( but he definitely has some nicks on his tail and fins but I know when I bought him 2 says ago he looked alittle nicked... I'm not seeing spots ..

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
I would keep it separated until it gets larger. clean water and I would add a little aquarium salt to water and it should help it out. Juvenile oscars a huge push overs and get stressed out by tank mates easily.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
Yeah that's what Ill do, I am just hoping it's not anything more then that. Wish I could take a clearer pic! I'll try anyways .. And thanks a lot for the advise! Appreciate it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store