My over filtered over stocked 180

THE FAMILY GUY

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
NEW YUCK CITY
I have the following in my 180 black beauty tiled bottom and 2 XXL pieces of driftwood

5 bass ranging from 7"-14"
6 clown loaches 5"-10"
1 8" super red severum
1 10" chocolate cichlid
2 10" Geos

My filtration is as follows

1 fx5 full of ceramic rings and scrubbies
1 hydor professional 600 canister full of ceramic rings and scrubbies
1 hydor professional 450 canister full of ceramic rings and scrubbies
3 aquaclear 110 filters each with the original sponges, I also bought a 25micron sheet 6feet by 4feet. I cut several rectangular strips same dimensions as the sponges and put 7 of the micron strips in each ac 110filter
Also a high plowed hydor power head for extra movement

Want your opinions on my filtration,Tell me if I went overboard lol.

water changes are 2times a week fish feed 3 times a week. My stock seem suspended in mid air and water is extremely clear no floating particles unless I'm feeding.

Will post pics ASAP.
Side note. The hydor canister filters are GREAT

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Never heard of hydor canisters but I like most of their other products. Did I read you have geos in a tile tank? Hows that work? When i had them they never ate anything but what they sifted from the sand.

Get some pics and lets see this tank. Can never go overboard on filtration, ac110s are great because they flow a good amount without being too strong

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Whats the super pearly cichlid in almost every pic? Tank and fish look very good. Ill have to look up more info on the hydor filters, never seen or heard of them. Sounds like you are happy with them?

THE FAMILY GUY

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
NEW YUCK CITY
Whats the super pearly cichlid in almost every pic? Tank and fish look very good. Ill have to look up more info on the hydor filters, never seen or heard of them. Sounds like you are happy with them?
Geo brasiliensis! And the hydor filters are great so far, very quiet (i thought it wasnt working) and lots of room for media

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Looking good..the Araguaia and the red severum are my favs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store