Leaf Fish

Mr.Leaf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
Vancouver WA
I have some questions about some african spotted leaf fish...but didnt kno if i was in the right forum...new to this so any help would be great.. Thanks

Mr.Leaf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
Vancouver WA
is 75 Gallon's big enough for 2 African spotted leaf fish and possibly 1 Asian leaf fish??

How fast will they grow in a 75 gal?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That should be a good size tank for them. Should around 5-6 inch for the african and around 4inch for the other.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr.Leaf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
Vancouver WA
How fast could 4 grow in a 75 gal....2 of each species..i only have 2 atm and they are African's and i have been feeding them fish fry..i put 60 fry in the tank and within 2 days they were gone not a single one left there only an inch long. what else could i feed them that's a live food..i have tried flakes and other but they wont eat any of it..i love these fish they are awsome.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Maybe full grown in 1.5 to 2 years. I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr.Leaf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
Vancouver WA
i have had them for about a month and they don't look any bigger than when i got them at my lfs. and the only other fish in the tank is a Bristle nosed pleco.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
They grow quite slowly, I think. What all are you feeding them and what is your water change schedule? :)

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
I'd start giving them a variety of frozen foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp as well. Have you tried pellets? I'd be inclined to do more water changes, that might help with their growth. Someone more experienced might know better though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store