Please Help Me w/Interior Decoration Ideas to Replace Big Slate Rocks (Pics & Video)

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
I'm trying to think of what I can do that would be better than my current setup. It looks fine but doesn't last the way I set it up. Due to weight they will start to settle over time and within a year or two it's spread out to the edges of the tank making it harder to clean and falling in the middle of the night & such. I'll post a picture giving you an idea what it looks like so you can see what I'm working with. I have mostly cichlids & plecos and need drift wood for the royals. I have three or four medium size pieces of drift wood but what I would like is a larger root structure that I could secure somehow coming down from the top and then arrange piles or rocks in various spots underneath it. The root structure would be cut in half side to side so I could square it against the rear of the tank. Not sure where I could find something like this that I could trust for my aquarium yet also not cost a fortune. I tried to think of a way I could take all of them out and use silicone to connect them in three or four sections to place back in and have them stay solid where I put them but I think this would be a PITA to deal with and also my tank would be empty for a day or two and I'm not sure all my fish of various shapes, sizes & temperaments would get alone w/o killing each other. I suppose this is an option too but maybe less viable given the amount of work it would take.

So yeah, looking for some ideas here. Tank is a 80gal bowfront and the pictures should give you an idea what it's about. The first set of pics is how it looked after I set it up the last time and then later you'll see how it's 'settled' in the last few years.

Here's a video I took just the other day and you can see how much it's settled since I set the tank up. You can also see how big some of my fish have got since I added them to the tank when I reset my tank a few years back.

[video=youtube;picasacid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=picasacid[/video]

Thanks for the help!

catfishguy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
moon
You can go to aquariumplants.com and get plants and rocks for your tank and you can always use aquarium silicon to glue the rocks together so they don't slide around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store