SKKP Fry

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
Okay, so I got a crazy surprise today and come to find out my girlfriend discovered free swimmers in my tank. I have a nice female SKKP who lays probably every 1 to 2 weeks. She's been paired up with another SKKP male I've had for a while now. I fully understand the almost 100 percent infertility rate male SKKP have but I'm honestly thinking this male is fertile. There is 2 green texas along with a small breidohri and small synspilum in the tank. The female will lay every 1 to 2 weeks and the male would attempt to fertilize the eggs, I had no plans at the moment to breed the female so I said what the hell and let the male do his thing even though nothing would happen. They are a pair so the male doesn't let anything get near her and if they do there's a psycho female SKKP beating them up. The point is that I'm almost positive another fish didn't come in there and fertilize the eggs real fast and I'm feeling like I have a fertile male SKKP. What do you guys think?
uploadfromtaptalk1403756656986.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403756674019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Not likely. If the water flow is right, eggs can be fertilized from other males from a distance. Grow them out to find out which male?

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hey you never know unless you grow them out. People always say there are fertile blood parrots out there so why not SKKPs?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
Hey you never know unless you grow them out. People always say there are fertile blood parrots out there so why not SKKPs?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah, and I'm honestly starting to think he is. He would know they weren't his wouldn't you think? Don't you think he would try and eat them? They are both great parents so far, especially considering there is 6 other vicious fish in the tank that want to eat them. I hope a couple will survive to know for sure.

DaCobbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
Idaho
I know your wanting the male skkp to be the father but I'm kinda pulling for the gt. I'm just can't wait till they get a bit bigger and I can help grow a few out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
I know your wanting the male skkp to be the father but I'm kinda pulling for the gt. I'm just can't wait till they get a bit bigger and I can help grow a few out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Haha, nothing would be cooler than breeding mammon. If they are red texas they are all yours though, except the best looking one of course:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store