Are Jardinis skittish?

weichen14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
NYC
I had a silver aro but it was very skittish. Sometimes it would jump and swim very fast whenever I stare at it. I dont know if it's because it was still young. The aro was 1.5 yrs old at 12 inches.

Im interested in buying a jardini. Can you guys tell me if theyre skittish like the silver aros? Thanks.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
They are when small but once they hit the 10" mark they soon grow out of it , most become fearless beasts , floating plants help to calm them as juvi's to give them a little shelter , i'd say that jardini are less skittish than silvers whilst small , lots of human interaction helps to tame them try hand feeding , to start with just keep your hand near the water until it comes close then drop the food eventually your jar will recognise you as you approach the tank and take food out of your hand (watch your fingers lol ;):D)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

weichen14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2013
NYC
They are when small but once they hit the 10" mark they soon grow out of it , most become fearless beasts , floating plants help to calm them as juvi's to give them a little shelter , i'd say that jardini are less skittish than silvers whilst small , lots of human interaction helps to tame them try hand feeding , to start with just keep your hand near the water until it comes close then drop the food eventually your jar will recognise you as you approach the tank and take food out of your hand (watch your fingers lol ;):D)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Awesome, looking forward to purchasing one. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store