Never trust a pike cichlid

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Found this in my tank today... it used to be my leopard ctenopoma...:irked:

cteno.jpgcteno1.jpg

Here's the cichlid in question... out of the tank due to massive water change, to get rid of the chunks of the ctenopoma...:headshake

pike (2).jpgpike.jpgpike1.jpgpike2.jpg

cteno.jpg

cteno1.jpg

pike (2).jpg

pike.jpg

pike1.jpg

pike2.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry for the Cteno but interesting tabletop.

catfishguy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
moon
Sorry for your loss. :( I don't know if this is true for cichlids but with catfish if you don't give them enough food and there own hiding space they will get mean.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry for your loss. :( I don't know if this is true for cichlids but with catfish if you don't give them enough food and there own hiding space they will get mean.
That's actually true with quite a few different types of fish lol.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Beer pong table? lol

Hah :ROFL: I dont drink. Me and my friends who hang out here all the time write band names and random things on the table... didnt even notice what was in the picture when I posted it...

The pike had a few PVC pipes, big driftwood pile, and a huge fake plant in there for that very reason.

I feel like maybe the ctenopoma startled the pike, or somehow got on the pike's nerves without meaning to, and... yeah. I'd never seen a single sign of aggression between them at all. I did feed them separately, though. They seemed to just stay out of eachothers' way... oh well... lucky pike, she has the tank all to herself now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store