EBJD BN pleco with Ich

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Hi y'all. I have another thread on this topic in health forums. I seem to get more and quicker responses here so I'm posting here as well.

I picked up 3 EBJD last week and 3 tiny BN plecos. All was fine until my hubby did a wc. The morning after I saw that they were all covered in Ich. I'm assuming temp change during wc caused it?

I raised temp and added aquarium salt slowly. (tsp every 3+ hours). I know EBJD are very sensitive and plecos are too. I have saved a knife fish and clown loach from Ich using salt and increased temp and in the past and those are VERY sensitive due to being scaless.

This is my first time owning EBJD. Did I do the correct thing by adding salt and increasing the temp? Is there something else I should do? I have increased oxygen and I'm about to do a gravel vac/water change. Wait it out with methods I'm using or do something different?

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

bhfautsch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2013
Iowa
Sounds like your doing everything right. I have had a lot of luck treating ich with this method. I try to raise the temp to 86. It's usually gone in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Endo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
So Cal
the safest medication to use other than the natural route of salt is Paragaurd made by Seachem. It has removed my ich every time and will be completely safe towards EBJD and not affecting pH.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Temp is at 86 right now. I just know EBJD are sensitive so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing more harm than good. I would assume that the scaless fish I've treated in the past are more sensitive but just wanted to check with my go to peeps at MFK :)

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store