Hawaii at Center of Battle Over Aquarium Fish. Your Thoughts?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I think that sooner or later, collection will end.

I am all for tough regulations, such as in the Us and Australia, but i think it will, nevertheless, end.

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
read it earlier, i hope it doesn't get shut down completely, but it could use more strict regulations if populations are taking a hit. We shouldn't forget some people need to make a living somehow

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Its a sad reality of the hobby. We love to have beautiful fish species in our tanks at home, some even breeding and furthering the species, but it had an undeniable drastic effect on our native populations. Will there ever be a balance?

projectile

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
ind
Salt water is already overcomplicated and costly . I feel the demand would go down eventually.

Sent from my XT1033 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Interesting read...I actually am on the side of the conservationists with this. I dont like the idea of impacting the environment so that I can have a pretty fish in my tank. I am not faulting anyone for buying rare fish either. Just saying that it wouldn't be the end of the world if stricter regulations were enforced

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
The marine aquarium industry pales in comparison to the commercial food fishing industry which is raping the oceans of the world.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
No corals, no salt water fish for me. I grew up snorkling/diving to admire corals, fish etc. Went to some of these same places years later....gone....nothing was left !!

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
I agree to a point there should be limits on what comes out of the waters all around the world for both the fish hobby and for food.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I only will keep tank-raised fish for this reason. Nothing against rare salt water fish people just I have no promblem keeping fish with little or not much color mainly common fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store