Silver arrowana fin damage

danny272

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
USA
Hey everyone I need help my silvers fins are very damaged and not sure why. I don't know how to fix this problem either. He currently is about 8 in. long in a 125 gallon tank with one pleco and one pictus cat. I change water about once a week and water temp is 82 don't have water parameters yet due to just changing it. I have one Rena xp3 filter and an xp4 on the tank. Has an air bubbler and one power head to increase top water movement. Any and all help would be appreciated I have also attached pictures. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
The pH is probably to high causing the fin damage , you need to test your water asap and get the P's , water changes won't help raise your pH if it is that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
Either fin nipping or water quality issues . tank cycled?really need to know your parameters to help.what percentage water change.how often is "about once a week"? When you turn the tank lights out watch the tank at night , a lot of cats are nocturnal possibly nipping your arrowanna at night.but my money is on water quality

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

danny272

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
USA
Hey to answer questions for the water params
Ph 6.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 ppm
Temp 82

I change 40% water every Sunday
Prime for water conditioner
Ammocarb chips in both filters

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
From those P's I'd say its more likely fin nipping like Will said or it could be finrot w\cs won't kill the bacteria it needs treating with appropriate mediation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store