Filament Barbs

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If you aren't familiar with this variety of barb and if you like barbs, this variety should make your wish list. Not very expensive but extremely hardy and active, they make great additions as dithers in aggressive fish tanks. My largest one is close to 7 inches and they should be kept in groups of 5 or more, in a 5 foot tank minimum. When the males fight with eachother, their colours become incredible. Amazing fish to own :)

[video=youtube;ZJ1GEN2ENtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1GEN2ENtk[/video]

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Yup. What kind of lightning system in this tank?

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I had a group of these several years ago. Everything you said is spot on. Very cool active fish with amazing colors. Mine were about 5" when I sold them off. They were in a 75 gallon and definitely could've used more space. That's why I traded them out. Thanks for sharing the video!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I had a group of these several years ago. Everything you said is spot on. Very cool active fish with amazing colors. Mine were about 5" when I sold them off. They were in a 75 gallon and definitely could've used more space. That's why I traded them out. Thanks for sharing the video!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks for watching...don't run into many people who have had experience with them :)

marconi

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Very nice barbs Marconi. Never seen these type of barbs before. When I sold my 120 two weeks ago I had 3 diamond scale barbs about 3-4". Very nice looking and very active. Never seen those type of barbs before until my lfs got some in. Picked up 3 and kind of wish I would've kept those and gave the person who bought my tank my 3 5-7" Red tailed tinfoil barbs. If I see your I'm definitely going to pickup some for some dithers.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I like them as well. Unfortunately my rays picked them all off but a beautiful addition to the right tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store