Feeder Fish I.D.

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Does anyone know the general name or better yet scientific name for these feeder fish?
Been using them as feeders for a long time now as they are cheap here in Asia but don't know what they are called..
The only downside with these fish is that they die off easily for no apparent reason..

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
They look like minnows to me... And due to the conditions (at least here in the US) these minnows are kept, they do die of very fast...

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Hmm, I googled minnows and they don't seem like the same fish..
The ones I've have narrow dorsal fins as opposed to minnows which are broader.. I could be wrong though..

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Well this is in Asia so I doubt that it was golden shiners. Not mentioned that at that size they should be more golden if they are golden shiners. To me it looks like an Asian species to me, possible closely related to flying barbs.

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Well this is in Asia so I doubt that it was golden shiners. Not mentioned that at that size they should be more golden if they are golden shiners. To me it looks like an Asian species to me, possible closely related to flying barbs.
I've bought flying barbs before and they are a pain in the ass.. Every now and then the fish will jump out of the tank..
I think they are related too just don't know what they are..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store