Silver Arowana with odd fin.

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
Today I noticed my silver Arowana had something odd going on with his left pectoral fin. It’s hard to describe but it looks like its left pec. Fin in a way is extended longer than normal and is black in color. Ill just let you guys look at the pictures. My worry is fin rot or parisite but I’m new to arowana’s and figured you guys would know. The rest of his fins are all in good shape. I just performed a 25% water change. Water Parameters: 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 Nitrate. Thanks so much.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Arowanas have two long fins, your arowana's fin might have been damaged. Or in other words, arowanas usually have two long fins, yours has just one. I think there is nothing to worry about :).

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
Arowanas have two long fins, your arowana's fin might have been damaged. Or in other words, arowanas usually have two long fins, yours has just one. I think there is nothing to worry about :).
Hey just to confirm you are talking about is Pectoral fins being normal Correct?? I don't know what they are called but those two long things that hang down vertically. One of those is damaged and is shorter than another. Just want to make sure you weren't talking about those? Its his left Pectoral fin that im concerned with. Thanks so Much!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store