I NEED THIS WEBSITE TO HELP BUILD A DIY FILTRATION SYSTEM FOR STINGRAY 600 GALLON

SOAP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2014
Salem, Oregon-USA
I built a 600 gallon plywood aquarium (8ft x 4ft x 32in) its completely sealed in pond armor (white). I want to build a filter and sump using 55 gallon barrels that can handle 4 10"-12" freshwater stingray and an arowana. Thats what I have and what I want, heres what I need.

Pictures, really I searched but everyone show's there systems built and running (not being built) so I cant design one in my head im a picture story kinda guy. Any help would be great, I want to use a moving bed filter + mechanical filter in the first barrel and house the heaters and possibly sponge filter (DIY air pump/filter) in the sump. Bottom line, its gotta be cheap and effective.

Feeling dumb waiting to build..

SOAP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2014
Salem, Oregon-USA
thats where i originally got the idea from and we spoke a little bit about it he said he was sry about his footage on the filtration system and its something he wants to do a vid on. what i didnt get an answer on is how you create the current in the moving bed filter, what do you use how to install it, other then that im preety sure i got the jist of the build just need to lock down specifics like what size pvc to use for the overflow vs the return line and manage flow control that sort of thing needs to be planned into the build so i need to figure out those parameters as well. I know this is a easy build as compared to the over complicatedness it seems to be but i cant find good set of DIY instructions for 55 gallon barrel moving bed + mechanical filter and 55 gallon sump build.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Search my threads and filtration. Done and done. Everything you would need and all the information you could ever want. Experimental to final setup. Also stingray forum bio media reactor thread I started .

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
One thread would be enough for everything your asking.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store