+2 female

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Most of the time, a females lower jaw and lower gill plate are devoid of spots, but yours has typical male spotting in that area.
And the profile seems to have a steeper curve than many females.
Although the blotches on the flanks are a more feminine trait.
Is there another male Parachromis of any species in the tank?

abiancaniello

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Jersey
No there isn't. The dorsal seems to be squared off when flared as well...he/she is around 5-6 inches. At times I also see a purple sheen on side. I truly can't tell. Any input as to why you guys think female?

abiancaniello

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Jersey
No there isn't. The dorsal seems to be squared off when flared as well...he/she is around 5-6 inches. At times I also see a purple sheen on side. I truly can't tell. Any input as tomorrow why you guys think female?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us

Here's my female jag that's the size of a 300 watt heater lol. How do I tell? I can't tell you. Only reason I know its a female is cause when I bought her about 5 years ago she was with her fry that she was raising. The owner said he just bred her and didn't have any room for her so I decided to take her for 25 bucks and he kept the fry.

Edit: I think you have a male, just by looking at the mouth I see a male imo. I'm probably wrong but that's what I think. Male jags are significantly smaller than females and females have a wider more pronounced mouths that almost look like underbites.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
for an example how hard it is to tell here a vid of my male and female when still young.
[video=youtube;l2qPRuOnt3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2qPRuOnt3s[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store