AROWANA TANK MATES

SOAP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2014
Salem, Oregon-USA
gunna be doing the sting rays but that leaves all this open water in the top 3/4 of my 600 gallon tank. I thought about arowana but I never see more then one in a tank. Is there a reason for this or can I keep a couple of those in there too?

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Multiple aros is possible. Aros can be very territorial, so that is why you see solo aro tanks often. Search around the site, you will see it can be done. Make sure you get them big enough that the rays don't turn them into a snack. I would introduce the aros at the same time to improve long term success without constant fighting within the aros. It's certainly not a science and individual personalities will play the biggest factor. South American aros might give you the best odds. A guy close to where I live had two 28inch black aros with a dozen or so rays in a 800gal. His mix worked fine, never had a problem. I would ONLY try it if you have another BIG tank to separate or somebody with tank space to house the picked on in case of a sudden crisis..If you don't have these options, one full grown 3ft+ aro is nice and will fill out the top of the 600 just fine imo

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have kept single aro and multi aro tanks

The multi aro tank I had 7 blue base xbacks and 2 x chilli reds before the multi aro tank I had kept single aro for over15 years and just wanted to give multi aros a go
You need to pack them in to make it work or you will get lots of aggression

After keeping multi aros for about 2 years I decided to go back to just one again
I found it much more relaxing to watch one aro swim around using the whole tank rather the having 1 boss aro pushing and attacking the others
If you remove the boss it makes it worse as then the rest start fighting to find a new boss

Aros do best on there own

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store