ID help!!!

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Separate them? Tbh dats are hit or miss when it comes to aggression, I find it odd your 4" dat is bullying a 9" aro? But then again I had a 6" dat smash a 9" Oscar around like a chew toy. They can sure surprise you.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Sounds like a mean dat. If you can't separate them then try getting some dither fish, like silver dollars. Just any large hardy peaceful fish that will help spread the dats aggression

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Sounds like a mean dat. If you can't separate them then try getting some dither fish, like silver dollars. Just any large hardy peaceful fish that will help spread the dats aggression

With my old dat I actually had to use a semi-aggressive fish (an oscar to be exact) to break off the dat's aggression toward the other fish. When I just tried using silver dollars, he beat the hell out of them too. Only when I added the oscar did the aggression towards the other fish stop.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Actually, they both kinda kept each other in check. I had separated the dat from the main tank, then bought the oscar. Without the dat the oscar was harassing my loaches. Once I put the dat back in they both left everyone else alone. A little flaring at each other but that was it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store