Crocodile skink

Etunes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Florida
So i was going to pick up my first pair of crocodile skinks to breed my first pair this weekend. I have everything almost set up io only have 2 questions as i am getting alot of mixed answers about this. #1 on the heat. I know the hot side needs to be about 75-80 degrees but some places i say use a basking spot others say thats not neccessary and to use a heating pad. What is the way i should do this as i am confused. #2 i read some places that UVB is important for these guys and others say it is not. Is it? Are they more like leapord geckos in this sense or not? Want to make sure to have a proper set up for these guys before i have them.

Thanks ahead of time thanks.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
I used to keep a low wattage UVB coil on my female's enclosure, it certainly doesn't hurt. I alaso never had a basking spot and just used a heating pad.

Etunes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Florida
sweet thanks. Noen at the show this past week unfourtanatly. But i am planning for a pair here soon. Thanks for the reply.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
sweet thanks. Noen at the show this past week unfourtanatly. But i am planning for a pair here soon. Thanks for the reply.
They really are fascinating animals to keep, usually pretty cryptic but that just makes it cooler when they're out. I hope to keep them again someday.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'd go with the heat pad since these guys aren't really known to bask and even though they are nocturnal, I would use UVA/UVB bulbs because they can only benefit from them as long as you have hiding spots so they can get away from it when they feel like it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Etunes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Florida
Ya they havent been messed with morph wise much either so i plan on starting a few breeding groups soon of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store