NTT vs IT, which is more stubborn???

ahan801

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2013
Malaysia
i got 2 NTT and 3 IT, i am on the way to convert them to pellet...the 1st step is convert them to non live food such as MP. The 3 IT already accept the MP but the NTT still don want to take the MP. What should i do???My record of starvation is 2 weeks for the NTT...need some advise on the NTT behavior, is it they are more stubborn than IT???however, the NTT show some stable which is their body color are ok and swim out from corner.

For the IT, i now start to stuff pellet into the MP and 1 of the IT already accept pellet but the others 2 still dont want to take the pellet and just see the pellets only.

The 'Monkey see Monkey do" method can work on the others DATNOIDS???

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
In my experience ntt are more finicky than IT. I wouldn't give up yet though.

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
That's what I heard as well with NTT being more finicky. Thank god my NTT took pellets (Hikari carnivore sinking) within a few days. On the other hand, my 3 bar IT is only taking earthworms and market shrimps. It all really depends on the fish. I can't complain about my IT though, it is most of the time stable and not hiding like the NTTs.

I have had great results with providing caves and PVC pipe to NTTs. Continue to feed them live once daily around the same time, at night it's best right before bedtime. They will get use to the same routine and you will see come out from their hiding spots begging for food. Then, starve them when they start begging for food. They will eventually take the pellets if they crack.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store