40b
Co2 1 bps
Aquatic life t5ho with 2 39watt day bulbs- about 8 hours a day
Hundreds of rcs
12 tetras
Feeding 1x every 2 days
40-50% water changes weekly
Dry ferts when i can but mostly liquid flourish 2x a week

I have a lot of this algae growing on my plants and on gravel. What can I do to get rid of it?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1404325988.855494.jpg

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
A couple amano shrimp? Ottos and stiphodon elegans and bn pleco are also good for algae control but I thought rcs did also?

SkeptikalScabies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
Try turning the lights off for 2 or three days. It shouldn't have any huge impact on the fish or plants, and should cause the algae to burn itself out. This is only a band aid solution, and doesn't address the heart of your problem though.
I notice that you live in Hawaii, are the freshwater bodies around you also experiencing an increase in algae growth? If they are, its the tap water quality. Here were i live the algae in my tanks skyrockets during the spring runoff and through the early summer. You might have something climate or weather related increasing the available nutrients in your water as well.

FreshwaterHawaii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hawaii
Thank you for the response. No our seasons never really change too drastically. There aren't many fresh bodies of water on the island i live and This has been a problem in my tank for a while. (Since winter)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store