prego ray question

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Do they get aggressive toward other rays in the tanks? My female bdxpearl has started pushing my male around. He now is hiding under a log in a corner and she seems to be on "patrol". Pacing back and forth in the front of the tank. If he pops out were she can see him she seems to jump on him and force him to go back in the corner.

This behavior has just started over the last few days. More noticeably tonight. She isn't biting him but she seems to jump on him, head butt down on him and sit on him.

I thought she was prego when I got her and I believe the stress of the transfer cause her to absorb the pups back in. I know my male at least tried or did get her in the end of April. Around the 27th give or take. Fresh bite marks, cloudy tank, stopped his nonstop chasing of her...

Now she has been putting on the weight again after a seeming loss of her bubble butt even though she has not lost her obsession with eating. Puts any ray I have had to shame with her intake. She even tries to take out some of her tankmates.

Sorry for the long post but I have been pondering with this new thing she has been on with my male. She has killed a big male ray before so it makes me ponder deeper then I likely should.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
This is were she puts him. She then runs around the whole tank and he basically is forced there.

uploadfromtaptalk1404369472373.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store