RIP To Britains Largest Pacu!

"Sixteen years is a good age, although Jack’s fish’s very unorthodox diet, which included sausages and even fluorescent light tubes on occasion, appeared not to have done it much good."

Well, this kind of explains why it went, though I'm not clear on lifespan for pacu.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
I think u misread that part Pacu Mom, it says the pacu named Buttkiss was 23" while Jack's was 3ft long and 23.5" deep. 16 years certainly isn't old age for a pacu, that's like a human dying in their early 40s. Hopefully he rethinks feeding sausages to his fish

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
You're right. The second paragraph is misleading. I thought it was referring to Jack's pacu.

drewbiezy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
DFW
"Jack’s fish’s very unorthodox diet, which included sausages and even fluorescent light tubes on occasion, appeared not to have done it much good." You guys are complaining about the sausages? He fed it fluorescent tubes holy s&** no wonder it was so big, probably had internal swelling scarred over. What a horrible fish owner blames it on old age more like congestive heart failure and internal infections and Mercury poisoning. Sorry for the rant that is just beyond idiotic to me.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I don't think he feed it light bulbs... More likely an accidental ingestion. My pacu will chew/swallow anything their mouths come across. They'll even chew up emergency air lines. They are extremely curious inquisitive fish. Not having hands, they use their teeth and mouths to check everything out.

From the reading I've done 16 yrs is not a long life for a pacu.

drewbiezy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
DFW
I don't think he feed it light bulbs... More likely an accidental ingestion. My pacu will chew/swallow anything their mouths come across. They'll even chew up emergency air lines. They are extremely curious inquisitive fish. Not having hands, they use their teeth and mouths to check everything out.

From the reading I've done 16 yrs is not a long life for a pacu.
The only reason I assumed it was because it said on"occasion", your most likely right, and I agree 16 is not very old for a Pacu.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store