Hi from Wales UK

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
well i thought i would post up a quick intro.

well my name is Shane, and i live in Wales in the UK.

I used to breed a few Cichlids when i kept reptiles a few years ago (the two seem to go hand in hand). At one point i had quite a breeding collection going with 27 tanks. my fav were always Dovii ( had a pair) Jags (pair) i also had a few others. well i got out of the reptiles and fish and that was a few years ago.

well back in Jan 2013 my wife said about a small tank for my daughter to maintain, so i figured best way and most intresting would be to set her up a nice small 30ltr tank with some kribs in, so they were active breeding etc. well that was that. later in the year i got a 300ltr tank to house her ever growing collection and add to it:ROFL::ROFL:. So now that tank has my pair of JD ( normal coloration) and nothing else. I up graded the daughter to a 60ltr which she shares with the wife, we will come back to this tank. and we have a 300ltr tank in the kids gaming room which is now a grow on / odd ball tank. it currently houses a Jag we ended up with and another male JD oh and also a pair of convics that the wife just couldnt live with out.

so the other day i was floating around and found an add for Dovii, and after chatting to my wife we ordered 4. now i was sure the add said 2-3" so figured they would be fine in my grow on tank (all the fish are around 3-4") while i sort a 1000ltr tank out for them over the next few months. now seem stupid to order them now when tank isn't running yet, but in the UK dovii only come up every so often and when they do they either sale quick or it just dosnt warrant the travel for the cost. So they were ordered and then they arrived and i unpacked then and take a look and well they are tiny 2-3cm which is an issue because the jag and JD would make a meal of them. so two options were left, MY fry tank which is full of JD fry or the wifes community tank which is full of guppys.

well the pic answers that

Any way going to be ordering a big tank soon and will be setting it up so figured i would sign up and share what i can and learn more.

Thanks in advance

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to MFK Shane.. Nice to meet you.. the fish are beauties.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store