Help my gt

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
My adult green terror has been in a 225 bare bottom tank for a month, no bullying and other fish are fine. At fir I thought it he was staring at his reflection, but all day he kept his nose down and body up, I put him in 125 with gravel bottom and still doing it, any help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
read and seems like bloat but he is a bottom eating fish, only tank in my 225 that eats directly from bottom, got his own food, he eats raw tilapia sometimes. He also loves to swim through air bubbles

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
He could have bloat . Or is constipated. Try feeding the poor guy some skinned peas. That usually works wonders .

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
He could have bloat . Or is constipated. Try feeding the poor guy some skinned peas. That usually works wonders .
how do I get him to eat them, he is already finiky, I dont have qt tank atm, and no cash to take advantage of 1 a gallon this time around, doing epson and so dude said inject him with amocyln(sp)

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Swim bladder infection. Treat with one teaspoon of Meth Blue in a 5 gallon bucket of tank water for 30 mins a day for 5 days. This should clear it up. Do not feed for three days. Once the fish starts eating again feed it one skinned green pea. Be carefull not to over feed going foward feed one half what you would normally feed for the next two weeks after treatment. Keep up with water changes.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
Swim bladder infection. Treat with one teaspoon of Meth Blue in a 5 gallon bucket of tank water for 30 mins a day for 5 days. This should clear it up. Do not feed for three days. Once the fish starts eating again feed it one skinned green pea. Be carefull not to over feed going foward feed one half what you would normally feed for the next two weeks after treatment. Keep up with water changes.
Can I buy meth blue at big box, still I have him in hospital tank for week doing epson and some fish mox. It pooped but still like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store