Hi everyone

justinashouri

Feeder Fish
Jul 3, 2014
Los Angeles
I have adopted a fly water turtle and am setting up the tank this weekend.

I had 2 main questions:

How should i go about setting up the tank, what kind of water (is tap ok?0

also, is there a way for my to set my tank up to self sustaining to feed the waste from the aquatic habitat to plants outside the aquarium? Thanks so much!

Also, if u can give any additional advice for the ftr that would be greatly appreciated!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I know nothing about turtles, but welcome to the site :) i am sure some one here does.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Hi there,
From my limited knowledge of turtles ( have kept snappers and a few other common ones) water isn't a major issue. They don't require types as much as fish so harness and such like isn't such a big issue. I would use airiated water ( let it sit for 24hrs and dechlorinate it)

In terms of waste there are a few options. I used guppy and molly's with my snappers, they were to small to get eaten and would happily eat the turtle pop and dead skin on the shell etc then a bottom drain is best to get any large bits out ( I used preformed ponds with a tap and pipe fitted.
Other option is a aquaponics set up. Filters on turtle tanks need to handle the large waste, much like a croc tank rather than a fish tank

Hope this helps a bit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store