Interesting facts XB v/s HB Golden arowana

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
Hi, All most of the senior Arowana keepers must be aware of the fact that i'm going to tell you about cross back arowanas. But, i did not know this ealier and found very interesting, so like to share it with you guys.
To be very sure if you are buying a cross back or a high back arowana, when they are young is the presence of Perlies on them.
If, perlies are present on them then, they are going to reach 6th level scales shine for sure.And hence are cross back golden arowana.

Perlies are the small but colored scales just at the base of dorsal and anal fins.

Check the pics:

Reactions: GoldFinger

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
Asian Aros fascinate me (probably because I can not have one) .... When people speak of shine level.. like 6th level etc... what does that mean? Thanks
6th level shine means, even the top scales of the aro is colored( Golden in golden aro), instead of just being black.

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Yea, I learned about this a few weeks back before I got my high back..
Should have got the crossback but was short of cash lol

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Hi, All most of the senior Arowana keepers must be aware of the fact that i'm going to tell you about cross back arowanas. But, i did not know this ealier and found very interesting, so like to share it with you guys.
To be very sure if you are buying a cross back or a high back arowana, when they are young is the presence of Perlies on them.
If, perlies are present on them then, they are going to reach 6th level scales shine for sure.And hence are cross back golden arowana.

Perlies are the small but colored scales just at the base of dorsal and anal fins.

Check the pics:

To be fair anyone paying big money on a xback should know everything there is to know about gold aros

If they haven't researched properly then it's their own fault

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

royteo86

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
singapore
[video=youtube;cBIMG9iszyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBIMG9iszyQ[/video]

got it as a RTG but it seems like a crossback ? haha

Rhomadeas

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2013
Belleville, ON, Canada
I couldn't really tell - perhaps you should send it to me so I can watch it in my tank for a while and figure it out.

Beautiful fish you have there!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store