Fish with the best personality. In your opinion :).

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I just wanted to ask you guys this cause I'm really curious. What are some of the fish you have owned that you think have the best personality?
For Me they are (descending order):
Freshwater:
- Nandus Nandus, hands down! They come up to the glass chill and stare at you! I've never seen a freshwater fish do this. They look at me and move their body up and down, almost feels like they are saiying 'sup' like a saltwater watchman goby.
- Basses! Oh man! They are like German Shepherds once you train them! Mine acted like rabid dogs when I got near the aquarium!
- Datnoids, just like the nandus but a little more on the shy side.
- Payaras, they can be skittish at first but when they get to know you they are almost like basses.
- ATF, they haven't really interacted with me like the other fish but they get hella excited and swim around like mad dogs when I get near the aquarium.

Saltwater:
- Watchman Goby! OMG! This dude will sit on a live rock and stare at you and it almost feels like he is saying: 'sup?!' in a gangsta way :D
- Neon goby: Extremely comical and aren't afraid of me 1 bit! If I put my hand in the aquarium he will come up and pick dead skin off :).

I'm curious to know you guys' experiences :).

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Stingrays for sure. A couple catfish come to mind. Clown knives.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Haha! Thats an awesome 'fish eye' shot :). I haven't had much experience with chichlids except for basses... Time to get some and try 'em out! :)
Oscar are probably a better way to go. I can't put my hands in his tank without being bit or splashed anymore. That psycho aggression isn't for everyone. But I know other will attest to how much personality oscars have.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Stingrays for sure. A couple catfish come to mind. Clown knives.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I had a female motoro that I raised since she was about 6" in diameter. One thing I can say about them is: DO NOT let them go hungry! I had her till she was about 20" and man... there have been a few (to say the least) fatalities caused by her! The one incident that comes to my mind is: a 22" jardini that grew up with her.... I forgot to feed her for 3 days and I came home to find the Jardini's head ripped out! I had to trade her out cause I had just 1 240 gallon. I would say 'was sup' to a ray in a respectful way if I were a fish in a ray tank lol.

Oscar are probably a better way to go. I can't put my hands in his tank without being bit or splashed anymore. That psycho aggression isn't for everyone. But I know other will attest to how much personality oscars have.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
My 240 right now has 8 scombies 2 nandus and 6 dats. But one day... I'm sure it will come by soon I will keep oscars :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store