Plumbing/filtration question

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
So in setting up my 220 for my frontosa I want to slow down the water flow just a lil bit, I plan on running a T off the main return line with a couple ball valves in place so I can control how much water flows into the tank. Any remaining water will flow back into my sump. Here's my question should I just have it flow into the open part of my sump or should I run it past my bio balls again? Or should I run it past some other filter media? As it stands right now it goes into my overflow, past some sponges, past bio balls, another set of sponges, then into a open area with heaters and return line should I dump into the "open" area or run it (the water) past the filter media again?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Fresno, CA
Run it past the biofiltration again. Why not get the most efficiency out of your biofilter you can?

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
No to the new pump to get one that is a perfect match would be too much of a pain I guess my question is would it hurt the BB in the bio balls if I ran more water past them I would do it in the corners where there isn't much flow but would it harm them in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store