Does NLS really live up to its hype?

Tiretrackeel lover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2012
Westminster co
I always hear about how great new life spectrum is so I finally broke under the pressure and decided to order a 300g bottle of nls off amazon. There were 1000's of reviews of how "amazing" nls is, & hardly no bad reviews. So my question is, in your opinion does nls live up to its hype? Does it really make your fish boom with color? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
IMO NLS is a great brand, as for amazing I personally would'nt say that lol. The enhancing ingredients do work, NLS also adds garlic which helps alot to help prevent healthy fish from certain things like parasites.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It's magic! LOL! Just one of your better brands of fish food. Always better to feed your fish a variety of foods. No fish like to eat the same thing all the time.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Nothing starts a fight on here like an NLS thread.
Look at reviews on Amazon about other foods. Do they have many bad reviews?

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
It's magic! LOL! Just one of your better brands of fish food. Always better to feed your fish a variety of foods. No fish like to eat the same thing all the time.
It so depends on what you are feeding. My africans love NLS but my cichla and datc won't touch it. They are brats and seem to only eat hikari products (food sticks, sinking carni, massivore). Those products just seem that smell that make them eat it.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
I used to feed hikari and NLS but due to larger numbers of mouths to feed looked for a "cheaper" method, have been using aquaculture grade food for the past 10+ months & I must say I find the growth rates are much better color is just as good only difference is I am getting 25kg for the price of 2kg of NLS or 1kg of hikari lol oh and the fishes friend "tom" the rat likes to steal the food >_<.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
If you're looking for an overnight miracle, you'll be disappointed.

That said, NLS is among the highest quality foods available for cichlids and a solid choice for long term health. I've used it for a long time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

If you're looking for short terms results, up your water change schedule and skip feeding a day or two per week.

Matt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store