WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
My little jr goldfish kinda got sucked by my filter and he's really damaged as of now. He is still alive, but he wont eat and hes been swimming tailside up since. What should I do now??

uploadfromtaptalk1404641023561.jpg

This is how he swims. He just bobs upwards and downwards....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i would let nature take its course overnight, could be ok in the morning... guessing this happened today? would totally understand if you were to euthanise it though...

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Well guys.... he died this morning... pretty sad about it. He was the lone survivor from a batch of goldfish eggs which I attained from my other larger goldfish....

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
And I should have put him out on that day itself if I knew this little baby were to suffer for 3 more days and still dying afterwards.....

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Yea, it sucks but sometimes you have to put one down. I had to do it to my best looking Geo tapajos the other day. He got sick and despite trying all the meds available to me and all that he was still sick and getting worse. I did it with a hammer. My gf made the joke "its hammer time". I didn't think it was funny at the time. Now it is.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
He must have been already injured/sick if it allowed itself to get sucked up by a filter intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store