Internal Parasites

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
Does white and stringy fish feces mean there is an internal parasite? My flowerhorn fry, that we're bred by me, have occasionally had feces like this. I went through a whole treatment of metro and praziquantel for what appeared to be flukes a few weeks ago. The fry aren't showing any other signs of illness after the treatment other than there feces being this way. I am probably just overthinking this, but I want to make sure.
Thanks
-Ben

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
Does white and stringy fish feces mean there is an internal parasite? My flowerhorn fry, that we're bred by me, have occasionally had feces like this. I went through a whole treatment of metro and praziquantel for what appeared to be flukes a few weeks ago. The fry aren't showing any other signs of illness after the treatment other than there feces being this way. I am probably just overthinking this, but I want to make sure.
Thanks
-Ben

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

McPhish

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2014
MI
white and stringy yes means parasites. feed the fries garlic foods and raise the temperature. if the fries are doing good and stomachs looked filled and no skinny looks, take a pass on the meds and continue as normal. use meds if they stop eating OR look skinny/abnormal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store