Hello everyone

smellymeatballs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
south carolina
Hello,

I'm new to the site, I've been doing some reading and this seems like a very good website for information on the tank I have just started. With in the past month I have just finished gathering everything up and have my tank put together. I have a peacock bass, a zebra oscar (which is very entertaining XD), a pike, 2 raphael cats, a bullhead catfish, and a bluegill. All are currently very small, oscar being the biggest, but not by much. So I was hoping to get some feedback if anyone saw any problems, or if anyone had any tips for me.

Thanks

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
You forgot to mention it, what is the tank size?

smellymeatballs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
south carolina
At the moment they are in a 40. But like I said they are very small and I'm upgrading to a 75 very soon. And I know I will probably need about a 150 by the time they really mature

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
At the moment they are in a 40. But like I said they are very small and I'm upgrading to a 75 very soon. And I know I will probably need about a 150 by the time they really mature

Hate to tell u man but if u want to keep all those fish u need to upgrade to a lot bigger tank than that...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've never kept any Cichla species but I'm pretty sure they need very large tanks, I'm not sure though. But may I ask what species of pike and what species of bullhead you have?

smellymeatballs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
south carolina
And also which fish would you recommend I take out if needed. the oscar is a must, and I'd also really like to keep the pbass

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
And also which fish would you recommend I take out if needed. the oscar is a must, and I'd also really like to keep the pbass

That depends on what type of pike you have.

smellymeatballs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
south carolina
Definitely not a northern pike lol. I know it's a pike cichlid pretty sure it's a bellycrawler. The lfs had it labeled as a columbian pike so I'm not 100% sure

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Definitely not a northern pike lol. I know it's a pike cichlid pretty sure it's a bellycrawler. The lfs had it labeled as a columbian pike so I'm not 100% sure

Oh ok, I thought for a second you might have had a northern or a Muskie :). I don't know much about Crencichla species so I'll leave that to others who do. But what type of bullhead do you have? I'd imagine it's one of the three common ones: brown, black, or yellow. If you don't know a picture would help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store