Convicts caring for other fry?

Tone123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2013
Canada
A few weeks back my festivums spawned but they ate the fry. Well anyways they spawned again and right at the same time as my pair of convicts. They both are wigglers and I put around 50 festivum young with the convicts so the parent festivums wound not eat them again. The foster mother has taken them in but im wondering if she will continue to care for them or if she will realize there fakes. Also will the baby festivums have any issues competing with the baby convicts?

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
A few weeks back my festivums spawned but they ate the fry. Well anyways they spawned again and right at the same time as my pair of convicts. They both are wigglers and I put around 50 festivum young with the convicts so the parent festivums wound not eat them again. The foster mother has taken them in but im wondering if she will continue to care for them or if she will realize there fakes. Also will the baby festivums have any issues competing with the baby convicts?

Basic koo-koo bird's nest theory........It should work, it worked before.........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store