Bug killer!

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
Theyre great with bugs, but they only thrive on distilled or rain water. Cannot use faucet or any water with nutrients. It'll kill them. So nay on the fish tank water.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

alexanian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Damascus
Now that is one awesome plant, I heard they like moisture in the air, so I don't know how will they do in dry climate. Also what kind of light do they like? Do they need strong direct sun or do they prefer shade? I'm asking cuz urs looks like its doing very well.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I bought one for my mother, is growing quite well, and is actually flowering now.

The traps turn purple when they eat, also they need a lot of water, I just add it right from the spring (water here is very high quality).

Also gave it 1-2 drops of ammonia once in the water.

The flowers grow on a branch that stretches far away from the traps.

They grow well in sunlight by the window, considering getting one for myself too.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
This is a more recent photo. I'm growing mines in the basement off a Led light bulb that produces uv rays. It's only 300 lumens. They do good in direct sunlight for a few hours but need to be shaded after that as the sun changes. It goes totally dormant in the winter. Comes back to life in spring. Currently I'm using distilled water (89cents/gallon) from Walmart or grocery store.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1405928228374.jpg

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Thanks for further info Mymonsterfish, i didn't know they would go dormant in the winter, but it makes sense now that i think about it.

Also that they need shade after a while was also good to know.
i live where there is only a few hour at best with clear weather.

Yours look great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store