90 gallon stocking suggestions

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
So far the stocking will be 2 ompok bimaculatus.
Now the only other fish I 100% would like to put in it are like 4 Rams 2-Golden 2-German.
I guess what I am wondering is what other fish would work with this tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
those catfish get 18 inch mate on planet catfish, so they will outgrow the tank no?? and i would think the rams would be gonna's before long... i would suggest a smaller species of ompok, check out planet catfish, ompoks range from 5 inches i think...

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Rams can have tankmates such as cory cats, otos, neon tetra, rasboras, hatcetfish,small loach khulies, other small tetra .

So far the stocking will be 2 ompok bimaculatus.
Now the only other fish I 100% would like to put in it are like 4 Rams 2-Golden 2-German.
I guess what I am wondering is what other fish would work with this tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ah, a lovely tank.

Ok, so here's what I would do.

sand substrate. Then Lots of driftwood. So much so that it breaks the surface of the water and explores the space above the aquarium. Couple that with a few nice round boulder style rocks. And a few rounded river rocks. Then I'd tie a huge amount of java fern all over the wood. I'd have pendulum style lights that hang over the tank, perhaps black stainless steel.

Stock -

2-3 porthole catfish
4 Rams 2-Golden 2-German
Cory cat school - Sterbai
A school of diamond tetras.
A school of lemon Tetras
A school of emperor tetras
Otto cats.
two to 4 clown plecos
A school of marble hatchet fish.

Enjoy!

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Perhaps some apistogramma? If you'll have enough territories for them and the rams that is. For schooling fish maybe rummynose tetras, harlequin rasboras, diamond tetras?
A good top schooling fish would be hatchet fish, the marble ones are quite pretty. Pencilfish are another but they can be pricey.

You'll want anything you add to be good with the higher temps the rams need but I think all of those should be fine. :)

Be sure to post pics!

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
those catfish get 18 inch mate on planet catfish, so they will outgrow the tank no?? and i would think the rams would be gonna's before long... i would suggest a smaller species of ompok, check out planet catfish, ompoks range from 5 inches i think...
They will be moved once they are too large for th 90 gal. I've also read that they grow super slow so hopefully it'll be awhile before the upgrade.

treasureandbooty

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2011
Texas
I personally enjoy seeing one large school of tetras as opposed to several schools of different ones. I personally would do the 4 rams, a large school of cardinal tetras, and a school of corydoras. But that's just me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store