Empty tank with flukes in it

The_Don

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
New york
So I had a 55 gallon with a couple fish which all got flukes. I moved them all to a 20 gallon, which I then treated according to instructions.

A couple questions:
1) Should the flukes be completely gone with two treatments in the 20 gallon? (Temperature in tank is 82 degrees)
2) Will the flukes be completely gone in the 55 gallon after a week? (Temperature is also 82 in this tank)

I don't want to rush into things only to find out I had not completely gotten rid of the parasite.

Thanks for the help!

The_Don

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
New york
Also I'd just like a confirmation that this was flukes:
A 3 inch texas of mine was very red at the base of it's fins, it almost looked like it was bleeding. In addition, it was breathing heavily and hadn't eaten in almost a week. Nearing it's death, it began darting around, then started floating with very minimal movement. Also it lost a lot of color and not sure if this was simply because it was dying, but it's eye turned completely white.

The thing that puzzles me, however, is that I have not added any fish to the tank since December of last year.

The_Don

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
New york
Well it seems nobody has an answer to this. I found somewhere it says to wait at least a week for the flukes to be gone.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'm facing the same problem, the life cycle is very quick so they should be dead in a week; I'm paranoid though so i plan on treating the tank at half dose anyway just to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store