Eggs?

shipmonkey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2010
US of A
So, when I came home today and checked the tank my WAL is in i was surprised to find a couple hundred small eggs. They are slightly smaller than a pea. Since the lung is the only fish in the tank it has to be the source. Any one else had their lung drop eggs before?

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
That's amazing. I've been a lungfish keeper for only 2 years, have a slender and marbled, so don't have enough experience with them. How long have you had the WAL and how big? Please post some pics.

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
I'm curious if they still look like that. If it was a recent import, the eggs could very well be fertile. :)

shipmonkey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2010
US of A
I'm curious if they still look like that. If it was a recent import, the eggs could very well be fertile. :)
I have had her for about two years. Got her at 7" long and she is now around 27" in length. I can post pics later this weekend.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
You must be taking great care of her to be laying eggs for you

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I don't believe they fertilize internally.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
i would remove the eggs and place them in another set up with a simple gentle current aerator good luck with them keep posting updates
also only know of one person that has bred sa lungs and they only was able to do it once

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store